Rendezvous of Random Thoughts

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It's nothing personal about your job. We are only working on getting things done. That's what we are paid for.

This quote is marked inside my head everytime I have an issue with colleagues who have conflict of interest. They start bombarding you with statements such as,

"I am working on corporate, my workload is much much heavier than yours I believe."

"I assume you have less to do than me, don't you? What is on your plate right now?"

These words done its job well to piss me off, sending my blood rocketing up to my head but word of wisdom and experience had taught me well. It's not their fault. It's only their incompetence that makes them use such words without knowing it hurts hell out of a majority of people.

Thus I mark these words often in my head, my heart to remember that I am only doing my job and I have neither regrets nor cowardice to hide what I have been doing with my job. I am not a procrastinator. Bottomline, I am doing honest work here.

As time goes by and as you grow wisdom by watching others and what others do you, eventually you start to realise the need and importance of working smart, of working not only to get things done but also to work on a cover for yourself. Workplace or work life is a cruel place. As cruel as the animal kingdom. You can't cover yourself only by staying in one place, one standing. Sometimes, you have to attack in order to defend yourself but that's a rare thing to happen unless you have been bitten first and live to survive the bite and take revenge!

There is always room for self-improvement, thus I believe in forgiving and but not forgetting as forgetting only makes you twice as stupid and three times as deserving to accept the fact that you are deserving to have such fate on yourself!

I hope I can make peace with myself and the cruel world of working life out there. Good nite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home